Friday, October 4, 2019

Christmas in PA and NJ, Part 2: Baby Shark

While Christmas was rather low-key with just the seven of us (three under the age of three, so I guess not-so-calm but still low-key), what I was really looking forward to was having the post-Christmas party at my Aunt's house.  

Darryl got called into work for December 26, so he had to leave late Christmas night, taking the dogs with him.  Though we missed Darryl (at least I did), the dogs going back home made for a slightly less hectic household.

On the day of the party, Tiernen and I took Bram and Josh in our car and my brother took Miles in his, and we drove down to the Jersey shore.

My Aunt always cooks and has it catered, so there was a ton of food. I had to feed the boys off of one plate, standing up, because they were so excited with all the people and couldn't stop running around.  My Aunt's house, like my brother's, is not baby proof (Kenny's because Miles is almost four and knows better; my  Aunt's because her only grandchild wasn't old enough to walk at Christmas).  Therefore, Bram and Joshua got into everything!

The four little boys (in age order Miles, Joshua, Bram, and my cousin's son -- which I guess technically makes him my cousin --  Alexander) looked like a Benetton commercial from back in the '80s with their brown, red, blonde, and curly black hair (respectively).  

My Aunt had a doll of herself made for Alexander and Bram was in love with it.  My cousin Maria said it was okay if we "accidentally: took it home.  My Aunt said no need, she would make another one for him!  

Luckily, I think she forgot...

Joshua gave lots and lots of kisses to baby Alexander.  Unfortunately, I was only able to only able to snap one.  Soooo many little boys...  

At one point, someone put Baby Shark on YouTube.  Seriously, it was like baby crack.  Instantly, Bram and Joshua were transfixed. It was the first of many, many, many, MANY times that this song was played.  

(Whoever played it that night, I will find you, oh yes, I will!  And when I do, you will wish you were swimming with the sharks!)

How I loathe that song...

Here's a snazzy dance that Bram did once we got back home...


No comments:

Post a Comment