Thursday, August 29, 2019

Halloween




Halloween!  It is my favorite time of the year.  I can still name all of Tiernen's Halloween costumes when she was little (don't ask me to name the ones she pics now).  Even as an adult, I dress up every year for my students.  I simply love it.

I was excited to dress up Joshua for Halloween.

At first, I was going to dress him up as Ron Weasley.  It seemed like a no brainer:  I love Harry Potter.  He has red hair.  I looked everywhere for a costume I liked but I just couldn't find one.  Perhaps in the future...

Joshua looks very good in green with his pale skin, red hair, and shocking blue eyes.  I wanted something simple and green.  A frog?  A turtle!  

I searched for costumes, but again, everything was Ninja Turtles, and thought I love ninjas and turtles, I do not love Ninja Turtles.  I decided I would make something.  

I am not crafty, but I thought I'd try anyway.

I went to Primary which is my favorite clothing store for kids online.  The clothes are in a variety of colors including black and gray but have NO logos.  I love that.  They are perfect for kids and babies.  I bought one-piece green pajamas and a green hoodie (just in case it was too cold, even inside, for just the pajamas).  

That was the "body."

For the shell, I did some online searching, ended up here, and did my best.  I think it came out pretty well!


No comments:

Post a Comment