Saturday, August 24, 2019

Names vs Initials?


Some of you may be wondering why I only refer to some of my foster babies (Baby O and W) by their initials while I actually name others (Bram).

There is a simple answer to this:  I have permission to do so from their parents.

From here on out, if I actually name a child, it means that the child's parent/guardian knows I am writing this blog and gave me permission to use his or her name.  When I use initials, it means I either don't have contact with the parent/guardian or I wasn't given permission.

So far, I haven't had any fosters with the same initials, so hopefully, this won't be an issue.  If it does become one in the future, I will use some sort of nickname, I guess.

I mention this fact because I'll soon be writing about my next fostering experience and will be using the child's name and pictures.  I have been given permission by his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment